Overview of the surgery:
Breast Lift surgery also called Mastopexy, removes excess breast skin to raise, reshape and firm your breasts. The incision of breast lift is placed around the areola, vertically down from the areola to the breast crease and horizontally along the breast crease. The surgeon raises and reshapes the breasts. The excess skin will be cut and the nipple and areola are repositioned to a natural, more youthful height. Breast lift can be done in conjunction with breast implant to increase breast volume.
Duration of the operation:
The surgery takes about 2-3 hours to perform.
Post operative care:
The patient needs to avoid lifting over head for 3-4 weeks. The patient should not resume strenuous activities till about 1 month after the surgery. A brassiere can be normally worn, but do not use brassieres with metal support during the first month
After breast lift surgery, patients may experience discomfort, swelling, and bruising, which typically lasts from two to three weeks. Pain medications may be prescribed during the first week of recovery. Patients are required to avoid sleeping on their stomachs for the first two weeks, and are advised to sponge bathe until the sutures are removed.
During breast lift recovery, patients are required to wear a surgical bra for the first few days following surgery. This bra is then replaced with a support bandage or sports bra which is to be worn at all times for several weeks. The sutures are removed from the breasts after a week or two. Patients are normally able to return to work and light activities after about a week. However, during the first week, it is important to avoid bending over or performing any strenuous activities that put unnecessary pressure on the chest. Such activities can slow healing and lead to excess swelling and bleeding. Underwire bras should not be worn for the first month after surgery and instead a supportive bandage or bra should be worn at all times. There tends to be some numbness in the nipples and skin after breast lift surgery, which usually disappears in six weeks or so. Patients should not try lifting anything over their head for three to four weeks following surgery, and should avoid lifting anything heavy for four to six weeks.
Possible risk and complications:
The possible main risks are swelling, bruising, bleeding, infection, scarring and numbness, or change in sensation. Following the surgeon’s advice will reduce risks and complications.
Breast lifted performed under general anesthesia.
This procedure may be performed in the cosmetic surgeon’s office-based facility, an outpatient surgery center, or at a hospital. This procedure is usually done on an outpatient basis
Preparation before Surgery
Your surgeon will examine your breasts, taking measurements and perhaps photographs for your medical record. The size and shape of your breasts, the quality of your skin and the placement of the nipples and areolas will be carefully evaluated. Information about any medical conditions, drug allergies treatments you received, previous surgeries including breast biopsies and medications that you currently take. It is important for you to provide complete information.
- Assessment of the medical history (any allergies, serious medical condition and all medications taken both prescribed and non-prescribed), physical examination, and laboratory tests will be performed during consultation.
- Blood and urine samples will be collected for routine preoperative laboratory tests.
- Smoking must be avoided for about 3-4 weeks prior to surgery, as nicotine interferes with circulation and will greatly affect healing process.
- You will likely to be asked to stop drinking alcohol, a week before the surgery and throughout your recovery period.
- Avoid taking any medications such as hormones, anticoagulants, anabolic steroids and supplements at least 4-6 weeks to prevent complicating medical factors prior to surgery. Avoid taking aspirin, anti-inflammatory drugs and herbal supplements as they can increase bleeding.
For more information about the procedures you may contact International Marketing Coordinator: email@example.com or call mobile phone: +66816572522, Tel: (662) 753-9206